Online Account Opening FAQs
Opening a checking or savings account online? Here's what you need to know.
It takes just a few minutes to apply online. Use Google Chrome for the best experience.
1) Have these items ready
- Driver's license/state ID/passport (you'll need to take and upload a picture)
- Taxpayer Identification Number/Social Security Number
- Contact information for yourself and an account co-owner, if you are adding one
2) Fill out the application
- Go step-by-step to complete the quick application
- Create a password at the end of the application
3) Fund your new account
- After you submit, we’ll follow up with how to make your opening deposit
The online application takes about 15 minutes. Then there will be a short review period while we verify your information. Once approved, we’ll ask you to fund your account. The entire process should take about two business days. You’ll receive email prompts each step of the way.
Yes, you can add one co-owner during the online application. That person will be sent an email to complete their portion of the application. Both of you must meet the same eligibility criteria to open the account. If you add a co-owner, please let them know to expect emails from the bank and let them know about the application process.
Anyone opening a deposit account online must 1) be age 18 or older 2) be a U.S. Citizen 3) not be subject to backup withholding 4) live in our service area. You will be asked these questions on the first screen of the application.
You will receive an email when the application is submitted and when your account is approved and ready for funding. We will also notify you if you or a co-owner were not approved.
If your co-owner was not approved, you still have options. You can start a new application without a co-owner or start a new application and add a different co-owner. Some of your information will still be stored in the portal so reapplying should be faster.
There is a save and return function in the application. There will be a link to the application in your Welcome email so you can easily access the application anytime.
You’ll receive an email when your account is ready for funding. Then log back into the Application Portal and fund your account by using another bank account, a credit card or a debit card.
Please be aware:
- The maximum initial deposit is $250; the minimum is just $5.
- There are a few additional steps if funding by bank account. The application system will have more tips on that process.
Yes, you will see a prompt in the Application Portal to get started.
Please call our main number at (518) 583-3114, option 3, and we can help you with any account opening questions.