Here for You
COVID-19 may be presenting some unexpected financial challenges for your personal or business finances. As your neighbors and community banking partner, we understand your concerns and we are here for you through every turn.
No matter your current situation, we are committed to offering you financial guidance and helping to ease the burden when possible.
Assistance for You
Loan Payment Deferrals
We have always worked with our customers on a personal basis to protect the status of their loans. Now our dedicated and responsive team is working harder than ever to address your concerns.
Governor Andrew Cuomo recently asked state-governed banks to offer deferments on mortgage payments based on financial hardship. Saratoga National has always taken this approach for our customers, and we will continue to do the right thing during these challenging times.
If you need assistance on any of your personal loans, including your home or vehicle, call our loan specialists at (518) 793-8816. They are ready to discuss your situation and work with you one-on-one.
No faraway call centers and no runaround!
As our communities adjust to this challenging time, here are a few other steps you can take in your personal finances.
- If you are owed a tax refund, don't delay:The federal tax filing deadline has been extended until July 15. However, if you are owed a refund, aim to file as soon as you can. Your refund can serve as an emergency fund of sorts. State tax return deadlines and refunds are proceeding as normal at this point. Visit the state Tax Department website for more information.
- Contact services or creditors right away:If you think you can’t make other payments, contact those companies right away to see how they can work with you.
- Create an emergency budget: Eliminate items that are not a need at this time and cut back where possible to avoid taking on debt. Within our Internet Banking, you can find a free online budgeting tool to track expenses and look ahead.
- Use financing with the lowest interest: If you must use a credit card for basic expenses, use the one with the lowest interest.
Assistance for Your Business
Start by Calling Us
Our business customers large and small are essential to the health and vitality of our communities. We stand with our local businesses during this challenging time.
To discuss your options, please call your relationship manager directly. For general questions, please call (518) 583-3114.
You have relief options both within our bank and from other sources, but we encourage you to call us and talk through what works best for your business.
Like we do for personal banking, we will work with you to help you look forward to better days.
While we are dedicated to helping you today and throughout this situation, we also wanted to share some other helpful resources for your reference.
- SBA Disaster Loan Program: Small business owners in New York state can apply for a low-interest loan due to COVID-19 impact. Please call us for help evaluating this option with you.
- Small Business Development Center: Confidential business counseling, training and research at no cost.
- Pursuit Lending (formerly NYBDC or Excelsior Growth Fund): Access a new loan or defer a payment if you have an existing loan through this lender.
- Application for "Essential" Status: View a complete list of businesses that have been deemed “essential” by the state and apply for consideration if your industry is not listed.
- Saratoga National's First Bankcard: Our credit card provider offers some hardship assistance for business and personal cardholders. Please reach out to them directly for more details.
- Employment Considerations: Stay up to speed on what the state is requiring of employers here:
- Talk to Your Chamber: For additional, localized guidance, you can also turn to your regional Chamber of Commerce: