Here to Help
Updated June 2, 2020
COVID-19 may be presenting some unexpected financial challenges for your personal or business finances. As your neighbor and community-banking partner, we understand your concerns and we are here for you.
No matter your current situation, we are committed to offering you financial guidance and helping to ease the burden when possible.
Home, Auto and Other Personal Loans
We have always worked with our customers on a personal basis to protect the status of their loans. Our dedicated team will continue to do the right thing during these challenging times.
For personal loan assistance, use our deferral information request form and someone from our team will get back to you. They are ready to discuss your situation and work with you one-on-one.
For business loan assistance, please call your relationship manager directly to start the conversation. For general questions, Our Customer Care Center can point you in the right direction at (518) 583-3114.
As our communities adjust to these challenging times, here are a few other steps you can take in your personal finances.
- If you are owed a tax refund, don't delay: The federal and state tax filing deadline has been extended until July 15. However, if you are owed a refund, aim to file as soon as you can. Your refund can serve as an emergency fund of sorts. Visit the state Tax Department website for more information.
- Contact services or creditors right away: If you think you can’t make other payments, contact those companies right away to see how they can work with you.
- Create an emergency budget: Eliminate items that are not a need at this time and cut back where possible to avoid taking on debt. Within our Internet Banking, you can find a free online budgeting tool to track expenses and look ahead.
- Use financing with the lowest interest: If you must use a credit card for basic expenses, use the one with the lowest interest.
While we are dedicated to helping you today and throughout this situation, we also wanted to share some other helpful resources for your reference.
- sba.gov: Small business owners in New York state can apply for a low-interest loan due to COVID-19 impact. Please call us for help evaluating this option with you.
- Small Business Development Center: Confidential business counseling, training and research at no cost.
- Main Street Lending Program: Designed to help small and medium-sized businesses and their employees by supporting the provision of credit to such businesses.
- Pursuit (formerly NYBDC or Excelsior Growth Fund): Access a new loan or defer a payment if you have an existing loan through this lender.
- Application for "Essential" Status: View a complete list of businesses that have been deemed “essential” by the state and apply for consideration if your industry is not listed.
- Credit Card Options: Our credit card provider offers some hardship assistance for business and personal cardholders. Please reach out to them directly for more details.
- Employment Considerations: Stay up to speed on what the state is requiring of employers here:
- Talk to Your Chamber: For additional, localized guidance, you can also turn to your regional Chamber of Commerce: